Thursday, July 15, 2010

The Bet

So, before I start this post, I just want to proclaim to the world that I have my first follower! It may be my brother-in-law, but he still counts as a follower dammit! Alright, so onto bigger and better news...
Lieutenant Shaffer came up to me the other day and mentioned that we should place a bet. We each pick one PT event, whoever scores the highest out of two PT events, wins. Now, if you're not familiar with the Army Physical Training system, there are three events that we get evaluated on. Pushups, situps, and a 2 mile run. Well, he and I both know what I'm going to choose, the two mile run, so now the big question is what is he going to choose. I obviously have a better chance of keeping up with him in the situps, but he knows that if he exerts himself on the situps, then his run won't be very good, and my run won't change at all. So, I'm pretty sure he's gonna choose pushups. He doesn't think I haven't been working out...it's pretty funny, because he comes in, and he talks ALL this shit about how he's gonna whoop my ass. Now, you gotta undersatnd something about my LT, he's never wrong, and this pisses me off more than anything in the world...it's not that he's a bad guy, he's a great guy, and he's very fair and reasonable, but there are those times i just want to f&^king strangle him to death! This is my adventure...I have at least a month and a week to prepare for these events. I'm not worried about the run one bit, unless these shin splints act up, but now I just need to focus on cutting some weight and getting my upper boddy stronger...
So what happens when one of us is declared the winner? Well, number one, the loser has to buy the winner lunch at Hooters, and has to DD on the way home. On top of that, the loser has to wear a shirt that the winner creates. While being in good taste, it can pretty much have anything on it that the two of us desires...as long as it can be worn in public. I know on part of the shirt I plan on having "SGT Holm is better than me in every possible way" and then I plan on making a "Top Ten" of some sort, I just need ideas now. This will all take place just before we leave, so if you're reading this, start leaving me some ideas!! Oh, and if you't Lt. Shaffer...start praying that Barb Shaffer never had you cause I'm about to embarass the SHIT out of you!

No comments:

Post a Comment