Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Something about nothing and nothing about something

So these last few days have been pretty miserable. I was supposed to have done a long run on Sunday, but crapped out because it was well over a hundred degrees at one in the morning, and i'm starting to get shin splints. This is bad...very very very bad...this means at least three weeks that I have to sit on my ass and do nothing that requires any sort of cardiovascular workout. Well, that's what they SAY i'm supposed to do, but I don't have the time or the patience to wait...so tonight, since I've given myself at least two days off, am running ten miles. My weeks have only consisted of at least 30 miles a week...this is sad, ridiculous, and though it's done a pretty reasonable fast pace, I have to focus on going longer, otherwise there will be no reason for anything that I've done up to this point. I know I know, I should rest and let it heal...but I have that drive...that drive of just pure absolute love for the sport. I won't push myself too hard, but I need to start getting these long runs in, otherwise my first 26.2 miles is gonna suck major butt.
So i've been doing a lot of research on "Six degrees of Separation"...if anyone has a chance, just google it and find out everything you can, because it's crazy. It's literally crazy to think about how we are all connected to each other by just 6 people! I've seen a lot of the studies, and online it's closer to 5, twitter has about 4 degrees of separation...it's just an incredible concept to think about. Well, about it for now...i'm sure there will be plenty more later...I plan on hitting the gym later, ugh!!

No comments:

Post a Comment