
I'm at the end of my shift, figure I'll hit the bike tonight, but not before I get all these words that are itching in my fingers right now. Yesterday another friend was lost. The world lost an amazing man. When you first meet Josh, your first impression is that he is a quiet man that keeps to himself...doesn't say much, chimes in when he feels the need to, and then goes about his business his way, and no other. When you finally get to know Josh, you realize that he isn't so quiet, but is rather quite opinionated. He doesn't say much, chimes in when he feels he needs to, and then goes about his business HIS way, and literally...no other. Josh was a man of principle, he was a man that would never stab you in the back. The greatest thing I could've learned from the man was that no matter right or wrong, he stuck by what he said, and that was it...given the circumstance, he would buckle when it was needed as far as a learning experience, but when it came to a matter of principle, there was no greater man. I will be honest, and can tell you straight out he was never the best friend that I've had, but nonetheless he was a great friend, and someone who has had a lasting effect on me. I can remember those nights drinking in the barracks, that laugh he would laugh, he'd say something with the straightest of faces and that laugh of his would just come out of nowhere. He was always great company, and was always an honest man. I will not speak for him for what he desired to be remembered by, but when I remember Josh, I remember loyalty, truth, and honor. He loved the Army...if not the Army itself, he loved his fellow brothers. Brothers that will miss him dearly. Josh, if for some fucked up miracle you can see this right now, know that you will be missed dearly, and never forgotten.
No comments:
Post a Comment